Knitted and crocheted bears, voluntarily made by creative and generous people, are being donated in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central America, Europe, North America and South America. They are reaching orphanages, schools, villages as well as hospitals where children are undergoing medical tests or treatments.
It is our hope that these small and easy-to-make toys will touch the hearts of many and provide joy to all.
For more information or to participate send us an email using the 'contact' tab above.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~ Dr. Maya Angelou
- Mission accomplished - from ball of yarn to little hands...I'm all teary..with itching fingers. - Ronnie L.
- As long as children keep needing toys, I'll keep knitting bears. I'll be knitting my little fingers off. - Alice S.
- Every time I knit a bear I feel a gift has been given to me - a gift to share. - Donya S.
- Let's do it again! - Dr. H. Strulovici, after distributing bears in Uganda.
- So generous and kind of you to give a child, who is sacred and intimidated, a symbol of friendship. - Toby Tanser, Founder of Shoe4Africa
- Awesome way to touch a Heart! God bless those hands - Philip O.
- What a wonderful thing this is for God's children!!!. - Sister Pietrina
- What you are doing for the children, especially those who have lost their parents or caregivers, is very important. You are providing them with a transitional object. (Columbia University Professor)
Bears made: 4240 and counting...